Saturday, July 25, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF UNEMPLOYMENT

Have you ever seen "Bridget Jones Diary?" I am the epitome of Bridget Jones, from her bad habits, quirks and luck with men. Yes me, an unemployed Black woman, can closely identify to a fictional character, who happens to be a British White woman. Go figure! It is 4am, my normal time for praying, pondering, reflecting and researching...My life that is and my life that will be. I have so many random thoughts, ideas and cravings. This stint of unemployment is like a long overdue birth. And I still don't know the sex of the baby! My future, my career. I am indeed giving birth;Birth to a process of trial and error;Knowing, living, learning and understanding. 
I don't know why when I have spells of insomnia, applying for jobs ease my mind. I don't understand why I watch QVC, HSN, every reality show known to man, Law and Order, CSI, Food Network and the Disney Channel to pass my time, instead of getting out of the house. I can't help but to stress about my overwhelming debt and lowering credit score. I went to the ER a couple of months ago and since I don't have a job, I don't have health insurance. That ER bill is ridiculous. I've been sick for a week now and I can't afford to go to the hospital. Why me? I had two interviews last week and since I didn't get the job, does it mean GOD has something better in store? I get unemployment checks that goes straight to bills. How can I ever get above the red? I wish my hair would grow. I need to work out and lose weight, I think I'll start tomorrow. These are all RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT ARE EVADING MY HEAD! IS IT RANDOM THOUGHTS OF UNEMPLOYMENT OR JUST RANDOM THOUGHTS?
 In any case, I am lead to believe in and accept POSITIVITY as a truth in my life. Although, I am struggling; problems will always arise and my emotions will sometimes get the best of me; and of course I'm not where I want to be; I know for certain my temporary situation, circumstance, racing thoughts and numerous unanswered questions will not last forever. Neither will yours!
IN THE FUTURE WE WILL BECOME UNTIL THEN WE MUST OVERCOME...

No comments: