Sunday, August 1, 2010

EVOLUTION

In the heart of the struggle, that's where I laid my claim. In the midst of the puzzle, that's where I felt my pain...
My thinking was misguided and my vision was blurred. In love, relationships, work and trying to find my passion; I felt that I was always coming up short, missing that finishing piece to the puzzle. When things didn't go my way, I felt struggle was a punishment. But struggle has taught me appreciation, discipline and perseverance. As we grow and mature, our thinking should change, we should evolve. In the evolution of myself, I choose to learn from past experiences and reflect on it. When things don't go my way, I take a different approach and have a different reaction. As I search for love, life and the pursuit of my happiness, I now lay claim to destiny. I now feel joy. I recently took a short trip to visit a friend in Florida. His insight on life and his accomplishments made me want to do and be better. Eric made me think optimistically about the future by doing nothing at all besides living his life. His confidant stroll, his successful endeavors, his 2 year promotional plan and his demeanor made me do my own soul searching. I am thankful that I have all that I need but now I'm journeying towards the things that I want. I'm looking forward to the future and with each baby step, I am evolving!

No comments: