Friday, May 22, 2009

DREAMS, PASSION AND UNEMPLOYMENT

Being unemployed I have more time to sit and think about life. My life to be exact. I think about the dreams and aspirations I had as a child. I wanted to be a singer, dancer, model, actress, doctor, taxi cab driver, entertainment reporter and a vampire! Yes I wanted to be all those things and more. I've always been fascinated with sci-fi, movies, entertainment, politics and fashion. I am the "it" factor kind of girl. Some where along the lines the things I enjoyed or even wanted to be, I lost sight of. During my old day to day hustle, I never had the time to pick up a newspaper or a fashion magazine. One deadline after another meant one dream after another being deferred. I cursed my job for letting me go in this tough economy. Now I thank them. Without this struggle I could have never progressed. I am living, researching and going after my inner most dreams. Now the ship has sailed for being a doctor and a vampire. I could never sing so that's out the window too. But the things I that I really enjoyed and really wanted to try, I'm going after. I found out that there are many free dancing classes and acting workshop for about $10 a class. I got a call about my first casting today! So if you are unemployed like me and once had a dream or a passion but lost it...I say dare to dream again. You're sending out resumes anyway, why not apply for your passion? Commit to doing something once a month to fuel your passion and make your dream a reality. I heard it takes the average displaced worker six months to find a job. I've been out of work for a year and four months.  Finally I am daring to dream again.

No comments: