Friday, June 26, 2009

I HAVE

I have witnessed many marvels of life, during this abnormally long stint of unemployment. I have seen history transcend right before my eyes. His story, the American story became apart of my story. I've seen the 44th become the 1st. I've seen iconic figures whom came into our homes, lives and hearts by way of media, music, fashion, television and entertainment; transcend into no more. Eartha Kitt, Anne Pressly, Bernie Mac, Chuck Daly, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Micheal Jackson are a few names on a countless list of those who died but left imprints on our spirits. I felt the pain of friends and family members dying as well. Although they are not famous in the eyes of society, it does not lessen the impact death has on life. In the midst of death, I've seen life. I witnessed my sister giving birth to my first nephew. I've traveled to different cities and stayed in a different state for the first time. I seen live news take place and stood on the newsroom floor. I graduated from Specs Howard School of Broadcast Arts and I've been wanting to attend that school for years. I've traveled with a play and made friends in strange places. I danced on top of a bar. I did, seen and experienced more things unemployed than working 5 years in corporate America. I have truly been blessed. Life is too short to dwell on things not done. In life we have to make the most of what we did and journey towards what we will do. So my "I Never" list will soon be my "I Have" list. When it's all said and done, what will your legacy be???

No comments: