Tuesday, July 7, 2009

INDEPENDENCE DAY

I went to DC for the 4th of July this past weekend. I visited with friends that I haven't seen in years. Each of my friends are in different fields and successful in their own right. Their jobs range from teachers, to musicians, accountants, veterans, and executive assistants. When I seen their homes and listened to their stories about work, I didn't feel sorry for myself. I felt happy that they were successful and prosperous. In starting over and being unemployed, I know that I will once again be successful in my own right. I have to live my life not by the expectation of others or by the standards of society but by the goals that I set & accomplish for myself. During this stint of unemployment, I've been embarrassed many times about my situation. Every time someone would ask what I did for a living, I felt the need to tell them what I used to do. Now, I tell people the truth. I'm unemployed, uninhibited and ready for my new start. I am ready to use the gifts that GOD gave me. I am ready to publish my book. I am ready to love. I am ready to live my life not by obligation to bills, student loans, corporate America, 50 hour work weeks and an unfulfilling career. I am ready to live my life with passion and purpose. I encourage you to do the same. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's cool stuff. You are surrounded by successful people. Someone spoke to a group of us students when I was in high school and said, "I hang around people who I want to be like or that are like me." Never surround yourself with anything less or people who don't have your best interest at heart and like minds. I wish you the best in all that you do!