Thursday, October 29, 2009

MERRY GO ROUND

I had a discussion with a friend the other day. We talked about the ever climbing unemployment rate. I live in Michigan and Michigan has thee highest unemployment rate. Now, if you follow my blog, you know I have had a long withstanding with umployment and a turbulent relationship with work life balance. At first, I was desperate looking for work, frightened about my future and unsettled about my finance. When I didn't drown in a sea of debt being unemployed and realized I had more freedom to follow my dreams, I then became afraid of returning to the work force. Now, that I realize I don't have to put my dreams on hold to work and developed a work life balance...I CAN'T FIND A JOB TO SAVE MY LIFE! I am no longer collecting unemployment. I have no steady source of income nor do I have a rich uncle taking care of me. I have been tossed into the sea of debt, I'm fighting against the current of doubt and drowning in online job applications. I just self published my second book, Black Girl Pain ~ A journey of self-discovery. I make a few dollars here and there off sales but nothing steady. I have to take some accountabilty for my financial state and own up to my wavering actions. Now that I am ready to work, I honestly can't find it. It seems as if finding a job is like hitting the lottery or trying out for the NBA...you have a million other talented people trying out for the same position. Go figure. But I'm learning that even in uncertainity you must be certain of your abilities. I know that I will become great. I will be successful. My temporary struggles are not permanent and neither are yours. Be encouraged. Stay encouraged. Encourage others.

No comments: