Monday, June 1, 2009

ENOUGH WITH THE ADVICE ALREADY!

Being unemployed, I've been so focused on the things that I should be doing. Things like...WORKING!  I started baby sitting recently and realized, parenting is the most selfless career. It is also the most rewarding! But before I can dedicated apart of me to someone else full time, I first have to find me. I am still struggling with being unemployed and knowing what to do next.  I could not imagine having a child to provide for during this period of uncertainty in my life. The sad truth is many displaced workers have families to care for. They are not only wondering about how to provide but how to start over. A lot of people have an opinion on what you should do next. I've read articles and seen numerous interviews on the very topic of starting over and what to do when you're unemployed. The truth of the matter is there is no one size fit all method to this equation. Unless I walked a mile in your shoes, I can't possibly tell you what will work for you. I can only tell you what has worked for me. Many times these people posting blogs, writing articles and interviewing are not in our shoes.  So enough with the advice and telling me it will be ok! Until you walk a mile in my shoes, don't tell me nothing! Through trial and error I will find my way.  I am still searching for success. My only advice to other displaced workers is, don't give up or give in because you are not alone in your pursuit... 

No comments: